Administrative and scientific organization (see flow chart)
- The project is the main objective of a newly created Foundation with siege in Geneva (Switzerland), the “World Knowledge Dialogue Foundation”. Its Board consists of leading figures in Switzerland, with a strong participation of University Rectors : the Conference of the Swiss Rectors has unanimously endorsed the project.
- The honorary board supports the project in order to promote the concept of the Dialogue of the sciences.
- The scientific contents and the speakers are proposed by an International Scientific Board.
- The decisional structure of the project is the Executive board, chaired by Francis Waldvogel. Its members include the Project Manager Gilles Crettenand, and the Scientific Secretary Jérôme Billotte.
International scientific board
- Bertil Andersson, Chief Executive of the European Science Foundation, Strasbourg
- Werner Arber, Professor, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Nobel Prize Laureate
- Ruth Dreifuss, Former Swiss Federal Councillor and former President of the Swiss Federal Council
- Peter Fulde, Professor, Director of the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden (Germany)
- Georges Haddad, Director, Division of Higher Education, UNESCO
- Dame Julia Higgins, Professor, Imperial College, London, Foreign Secretary and Vice President of the Royal Society
- Dieter Imboden, Professor at the ETH in Zürich, President of the Swiss National Research Council
- Hiroshi Komiyama, Professor and President, University of Tokyo
- André Langaney, Professor, Department of Anthropology and Ecology, University of Geneva, Director, Anthropology Laboratory, Musée de l'Homme, Paris
- Jean Starobinski, Professor Emeritus, University of Geneva, member of the Institut de France; Professor in French Literature and in the History of Ideas.
- Frank Wilczek, Herman Feshbach Professor of Physics, MIT, Nobel Prize Laureate
- Pascal Couchepin, Federal Councillor, Head of the Department of Home Affairs, Switzerland
- Prof. Phillip L. Clay, Chancellor MIT, Cambridge, USA
- Prof. Heidi Diggelmann, former President of the Swiss National Research Council, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Don Gibbons, Associate Dean for Public Affairs at Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Prof. Peter Gruss, President Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Münich, Germany
- Charles Kleiber, State Secretary for Education and Research, Switzerland
- Prof. Kishore Mahbubani, Dean of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore
- Dr Ryoji Noyori, President Riken Institute and Nobel Prize Laureate, Japan
- The Hon. Koji Omi, Director STS Forum, Tokyo, Japan
- Albert H. Teich, Director, AAAS Directorate for Science and Policy Programs, Washington, USA
- Prof. Volker Ter Meulen, President Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina, Würzburg, Germany.
- Edward O. Wilson, Honorary Board, Pellegrino Research Professor in Entomology, Harvard University
- Prof. André Hurst, Ancien Recteur, Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Prof. Hans Weder, Rector, Univerzität Zürich,, Switzerland
- Prof. Dominique Arlettaz, Recteur, Université de Lausanne, Switzerland
- M. Claude Roch, Conseiller d'Etat, Chef du Département de l'Education, de la Culture et du Sport du Canton du Valais, Switzerland
- Prof. Martin Vetterli, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- PD Dr Gertrude Hirsch Hadorn, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETHZ), Switzerland
- Mrs Laetitia Henriot, President, Swiss Universities Students Association, Switzerland
- M. François Mudry, Vice President, Institut Universitaire Kurt Bösch, Sion, Switzerland
4.5. Executive board