Symposium inscription fee :
Payment of the inscription fee gives the participant free access to the following:
- Participation at all workshops and plenary events taking place between Wednesday 10 th and Saturday 13 th September 2008, (including the 2 conferences open to general public attendance).
- Personal symposium dossier containing the symposium programme and Abstract Booklet. (To be distributed prior to the start of the opening session on Wednesday 10 th September.)
- Meals and refreshments : lunch is provided on 11 th, 12 th and 13th September, Gala evening dinner, refreshment breaks during all morning and afternoon sessions throughout 10—13 th September.
- Unlimited free access to WiFi, and access to shared computer and printer facilities.
- Arrival and departure transfers by Post-bus between Sion train station and Crans-Montana (hotels and «The Regent» congress centre). Shuttle-bus transfers between «The Regent» congress centre and Crans-Montana hotels.
Accommodation costs are additional to the Symposium inscription fee. A link, to be established at a later date, will enable participants to make their hotel reservations through this web site.
Participants are personally responsible for all other expenses they may incur during attendance at the Symposium and should pay for such items and services (eg. telephone, refreshments, prolongation of hotel reservation, transport other than accredited shuttle-bus transfers,...) directly at their hotel or at the congress centre.
Special offers (non-cumulable)
- The symposium inscription fee is CHF 800.- for payments made by the 31st May 2008. For inscriptions paid on or after the 1 st June 2008, the fee is CHF 900.-.
- The symposium inscription fee is CHF 700.- for participants of the 2006 WKD Symposium who make payment by 31 st May 2008. For past-participants who inscribe on or after the 1 st June 2008, the fee is CHF 800.-.
B. « Young Scientists » Programme (cf. qualifications for Young Scientist inscription on www.wkdialogue.ch):
- The symposium inscription fee is CHF 400.- for individuals residing outside of Europe (EC borders), who make payment by the 31st May 2008. For «Young Scientist»» inscriptions paid on or after the 1 st June 2008, the fee is CHF 500.- ; Transport costs will be subsidised to a maximum sum of CHF 1'000.- upon presentation of receipts for 2 nd class and/or economy transport.
- The symposium inscription fee is CHF 400.- for individuals residing within Europe (EC borders) who make payment by the 31st May 2008. For «Young Scientist»» inscriptions paid on or after the 1 st June 2008, the fee is CHF 500.- ; Transport costs will be subsidised to a maximum sum of CHF 500.- upon presentation of receipts for 2 nd class and/or economy transport.
- The symposium inscription fee is CHF 200.- for individuals residing in Switzerland who make payment by the 31st May 2008. For «Young Scientist»» inscriptions paid on or after the 1 st June 2008, the fee is CHF 300.- ; Transport costs are not reimbursable.
Inscription to the symposium is effective only upon receipt of full payment of fees. Full payment of fees for attendance at the 2008 symposium is due by 31 st August 2008 at the latest. Payment can be made in currencies, CHF, Euro, US$, to the following bank account; « Fondation Dialogue des Savoirs », Banque Crédit Suisse, Genève n° 871105-00 (IBAN : CH79 0483 5087 1105 0000 0) (BIC : CRESCHZZ12A). Payments can also be made online via the « Registration form » available on our Internet site, www.wkdialogue.ch.
- Upon submission of the registration form, participants may choose to pay either by credit card (MasterCard/Eurocard, Visa, …) or by invoice.
- Online payment transactions are made through a secured entity (SaferPay), which is a recognized online payment company. No banking information regarding the Client is channelled through the World Knowledge Dialogue website. The credit card information of the Client is encrypted by the use of the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol and will never transit through the network in an unencrypted way. Online payments of symposium inscription fees are directly transacted with Saferpay and verification of credit card validity is carried out by this company before authorizing the transaction. Once the authorization for the payment is received, an electronic ticket –which should be kept by the Client, as proof of payment-- is shown on the screen.
- Monetary exchange rate fees incurred during payment transaction will be at the expense of the inscribing participant.
- Upon reception of payment for inscription, a confirmation of receipt will be issued. An invoice for payment will be sent out to correspondents who opt to inscribe without making their payment via the online facility.
Cancellation of inscription
- All cancellations of inscription must be confirmed in writing. (Reimbursement due for cancellations received will be calculated according to the date of reception of written cancellation by the WKD):
- Before 1 st August 2008: full reimbursement, minus the cost of any monetary exchange rate fees incurred in the reimbursement process and minus 5% of the total initial fee (to cover inscription dossier costs).
- Between 1 st—31 st August 2008: Cancellations will be invoiced to the withdrawing party for 50% of the total cost due at the time of their initial reservation. The cancelling party will also be liable for the cost of any monetary exchange rate fees incurred in the reimbursement process as well as for 5% of the total initial fee (to cover inscription dossier costs).
- From 1 st September 2008: The cancelling party will be liable for 100 % of the initial cost of reservation.
The transactions between World Knowledge Dialogue and the buyer are exclusively governed by the following sales terms. These terms have priority over any other condition set by the buyer or which appear on his or her document.
Place of jurisdiction
The World Knowledge Foundation’s commercial activities are solely governed by Swiss Law. The place of transaction and jurisdiction is Sion/Valais/Switzerland.